Inverness, Highland, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
We require a Managing QS to lead the commercial function on a regional Civils Framework. This is an immediate vacancy and we hope to attract a candidate who is keen to develop a long term career working in the Highlands.
You will be leading the commercial team on the project and reporting to an area Commercial Manager. To deliver a successful commercial outcome to our project the ideal candidate will have come from a main contracting background and will have had relevant civil engineering experience.
Typical duties of a Managing QS are:
• Maintain effective communications throughout the Contract team.
• Assist in staff matters which may include staff succession awareness, development, competency and retainment.
• Advise on project needs to ensure adequate commercial support is provided.
• Provide input to staff performance and development reviews and management of the commercial training programme.
• Deliver commercial training.
• Attend QES meetings.
• Attend Commercial forums.
• Provide input to project start-up and close-out meetings.
• Assist in drafting and promote usage of business processes.
• Assist in roll out & support application of commercial processes.
• Undertake audits and provide feedback.
• Provide an input to business development and work acquisition.
• Provide commercial input to contacts with client's representatives.
• Provide Commercial advice to the site team.
• Provide commercial input to project strategy.
• Implement actions and agreed strategy from all commercial discussions / reviews.
• Ensure the production of timely and accurate monthly cost and value reports, quarterly forecasts and cash-flow information.
• Ensure the timely production and presentation of adequate levels of applications for payment.
• Deal with change management.
• Provide input to risk profiling and management on projects.
• Produce and negotiate insurance claims with insurer's representatives.
• Liaise with and/or manage external consultants.
• Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through contract vetting and input to sub-contract documentation.
• Manage / carry out regular materials reconciliations.
Employment Type: Contract
Work Hours: Full Time
Other Pay Info: Excellent Salary +Benefits